Followers

Monday, July 12, 2010

How I got rid of acne

 acnesas  

If you all recall from my earlier posts from these two links, 

http://diane-yi.blogspot.com/2009/04/skin-update.html

http://diane-yi.blogspot.com/2009/05/lil-update-until-finals-are-over.html

I had a bad case of cystic acne at 20, something worse from my teenage years. It's probably adult acne. At that time, I was going through a rough time with school and family. The stress probably added to it. Also, I partly blame myself and Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation. I probably didn't use a good makeup remover to rid of the foundation but cystic acne is more of skin deep troubles; hormonal.

The first photo is from an old blog and the right picture is of today. I have a reason for having that ONE pimple on my right face though. In actuality, I haven't had a breakout for the past 3 months, even when it was time of the month!  I would love to share with you all how I have maintained acne free skin.

1. Drink water, tons of it. I feel my face is plump and glowy with more water than without any.

2. Maintain your weight, diet and excercise. As I lose weight, I have less.. because there's less fat in my body.

3. My new skincare regime!

1. Clean and Clear Deep Exfoliating Scrub
I use this daily as it’s gentle enough for daily use. I love the tingly sensation on my face. It exfoliates my skin daily giving me that radiant skin. I have used this for the past half to almost a year. Staying loyal is a good thing.

2. African Black Soap
OMG, this is my HG right now. It’s all natural and is used on many things like dry skin, eczema, acne, lightens acne, ringworms, and many more. I have been using it for the past 3 or so months and I have been acne free since. I had my first breakout just this week because I gave my last of it to my nephew and I was without it for 1.5 weeks. It really is a cleanser that deeply cleanses! Makes my face SQUEAKY clean to the point where I feel friction on my face if I slide it up or down! This soap has changed my life, my partner’s and my mother’s. She has that chicken skin on her arms and with the use of this soap, it went away! She loved the mini sample I gave her SO much that  she asked me to order her more! I am delighted that she loves it as much as I do. I only want to spread it to more people! I bought mine 4 times from ebay. The fact that I only have to use 1/2 pea size each use is a wonderful thing. 1lb for $11 shipped is a mega good deal! It’ll last me a while, LONG LONG TIME!

Here’s a video on how to use it and such!



African Black Soap

** you do not want to get the boxed ones that are BLACK. those are dyed and has been manufactured with more chemicals. The raw kind should be brown with black.

http://myworld.ebay.com/babiidoll81/

19 comments:

bunee said...

you are SO cute ! i never watch a whole youtube vid cuz i have no patience to listen to off topic ramblings but i watched the whole video that you posted up .

im most definately going to try out the black african soap ! i neverr had problems with acne, but when i went over to asia earlier this year, my face broke out like CRAZYY . especially in china ! im back home now so it died down, but i still get pimples here and there .. and LOTS of acne scars from before ! :( hope it'll work for me as well as it did for you !

bunee said...

AHAHAHAHAH your comment made me actually laugh out loud ! my parents used to tell me its my makeup thats giving me all the pimples too !!

☮My☮Socks☮Never☮Match☮ said...

OMG! such good tips! me and my cousin were actually arguing whether black soap works or not, so you've helped, lol :D

Alyssamae. said...

black african soap? sounds like something i ought to try! i'm happy you've found a routine that's been working :)

Really Petite said...

WOW- what an awesome post~!!!! Your skin looks great!!!!

Be sure to enter my TLBC bra giveaway when you get a chance:)

Really Petite said...

WOW- what an awesome post~!!!! Your skin looks great!!!!

Be sure to enter my TLBC bra giveaway when you get a chance:)

Sydney said...

It's time to give you an update on my trial of the soap :). I am loving it! Everything you wrote and said about the soap is so true. Thanks so much for the recommendation. I'm getting more from ebay.

Sydney said...

It appears that you might have youtube website. Do you mind sharing the link? I enjoyed watching the video :).

PetiteAsianGirl said...

Hi Diane! Just watched your video...since it was almost 20 minutes, I opened a second window and caught up on your past posts while listening to the vid : ) Did not realize you were married. Your husband is a cutie!

So I wanted to find out the seller you got the black soap from and lo and behold there it was. $11 is not bad for 1 lb because I think it would take forever for me to use up 1 lb of soap.

I don't really have oily skin, pimples or acne but I am looking for a cleanser for the sensitive skin on my face. I'm not sure if it will work for me as well as it did for you! I'm a little apprehensive of the effort that goes into maintaining the soap...breaking it up into pieces and then storing it in little tupperwares. I'm lazy!

JESSICA LING said...

Hey Diane!

First of all thanks for commenting on my blog! =)
Secondly, thank you for posting your skin routine! I think I'm gonna look into the black african soap. Good video!

-jess

Pop Champagne said...

wow your face has really cleared! Awesome. haha whenever i eat pizza i break out the next day, like now. but gawd I love pizza and greasey food...

acutelife said...

thats amazing change Diane! well done :) I'm really intrigued with the black african soap now!! I'm searching on ebay now! lolz

Laura Beth said...

wow, your skin looks great now!

Helena from BrooklynBlonde said...

That's amazing! I know how upsetting acne can be and i go through phases where I have clear skin adn phases where my skin goes crazy!! I definitely want to try this black african soap! Thanks! :)

xx,
Helena
www.BrooklynBlonde.com

-mztoots- said...

the results are absolutely amazing! im so glad you found something that works for you! I really want to try that african soap! I have those dots on my arms too and even though they're not that bad and dont really bother me, if theres a way to get rid of them then why not?! can you post a link of the ebay seller you got the soap from? thanks so much!!

Dina (XYYan) said...

Wow, that's really great to have your acne cleared up! The African Black Soap sounds really amazing :)

Eugenia said...

Never heard of this soap but I am definitely getting it! I want my skin to look as good as yours!

PetiteAsianGirl said...

Just finished a vid showing the soap and thanking u...will post it tomorrow : )

Romy Westerveld said...

Hi! (:

I have seen your video and really wanna try Africa Black soap, because i have also a very oily skin with some acne.. (arrrg i hate it x_x )

Only i'm from the netherlands and have searched the whole internet if i can buy it in my country, so i found this website: http://www.africanblacksoap.nl/

And now i wonder if it's the right black soap that u have too! i'm scared it's not the same.. do you know if it's the right one?

Greetzxx Romy from the netherlands.