Followers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

French Mani + Obsession with Nail Polishes

After 21 years of biting my nails, I have saved them up to be long! They look so much healthier and attractive than what they used to look like! I still get tempted to bite them when I'm utterly bored though. Here's a few photos of my first time ever attempt at giving myself french tips.

 


If you recall from my earlier posts about Urban Decay on Hautelook.com, the UD white widow nail polish came in a set of 7. Click here to see that post.  This is such a nice pearly white; it's not fully matte nor shimmery. You can barely see shimmer but just by looking at it, you can tell it's not matte. 

After prepping my nails, I started with the UD  White Widow and then created the shape. After that, I filled OPI's Topcoat on only the visible nail for that gloss!
Hope you guys like my first attempt! I feel confident with long nails and am no longer afraid to show them!

6 comments:

lorenabr said...

Love french mani:) a must

Lulu said...

good job girl :) i also finally got over the picking my nails stage. my nails are still pretty weak at times :( but i think just having all those nail polishes to use constantly remind myself to never pick them or bite them, so i can look pretty in pretty polishes :) so i can totally imagine your excitement. yayyy!! *high five*!

jen said...

Hi! I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to you about your question-- I didn't catch the comment because it was in one of my earlier posts. Anyway, my measurements are 32-24-35, if that helps you at all!

Thanks for dropping by!

jen said...

Hey girl, good job with letting your nails grow out and stopping with the biting! I hope you got my email reply from the other day and that you found some part of it helpful! :)

Have a great weekend!
Jen

libys11 said...

good job on being able to grow them!! they look nice and healthy!! great manicure! :D

Animated Confessions

godessunseen101 said...

Love the post !!
I love the blog in general, verry cute !

care to follow me back ?

vintagepoppa.blogspot.com

alice h
xoxo