Followers

Monday, December 28, 2009

Nars Orgasm Blush Dupes + VIDEO of swatches

I don't personally own the Nars Orgasm Blush so I can't really say these are the comparable but one day, I was looking at my blushes and realized that most of my blushes have similar traits.

1. they are always a coral-like color, i have few pinks and many peachy golden ones.
2. most are shimmery
3. oh golly, def. reminds me of Nars Orgasm blush.

so here are a few blushes that I own that remind me of Nars Orgasm. Please take a look and let me know which is most like Nars Orgasm or if none of them are, if you own the nars Orgasm and can compare while you look at my swatches! Nonetheless, I love blushes and especially these ones!




[clockwise]
1. Rock and Republic Contrived Pressed Blush in "Call Me"
2. (broken blush) Nixie Cosmetics Blush in "Stripped"
3. ELF bronzer blush duo

This is the swatch without flash

[top to bottom]
1. Rock and Republic Blush in "Call Me"
2. Nixie blush in "stripped"
3.ELF duo bronzer/blush (the blush part)
4. Jane Blush in Cherub
5. Maybelline (disregard this..I just swatched it for fun)



[top to bottom]
1. Rock and Republic Blush in "Call Me"
2. Nixie blush in "stripped"
3.ELF duo bronzer/blush (the blush part)
4. Jane Blush in Cherub
5. Maybelline (disregard this..I just swatched it for fun)

Mini Reviews of Each
(how I swatched: I swiped a finger in the blush 10X and swiped it on my arm 20X)

1. Rock and Republic Blush in "Call Me" (retail $40, on hautelook, $20!)
I bought this baby because Jen from "Frmheadtotoe.com" said it was comprable to Nars Orgasm and that this brand was not only great but the packaging is LOVEEE!!!!! She was not kidding! I will dedicate a whole post just to Rock and Republic in the near future.

WHERE TO BUY IT: I got it from hautelook.com, a website that sells awesome cosmetics and clothing items at 50%-85%! I think they will sell R&R once again because I got it the second time around. If you haven't made an account yet, here is my invite. I have bought Stila and Urban Decay from this website for 50% off retail!

Anyway, this is a pink/coral blush with a golden undertone. It's very sheer looking after you swatch and blends well into the skin. I love how the finish of the blush doesn't accentuate scars or lines. This blush is well pigmented and coverage is buildable.

2. Nixie Cosmetics (pan refill is $12.50 but use my code to save 10%)
I am a Pro member of this brand. It's comparable to MAC and much cheaper! When I signed up for the membership, they sent me a filled 6 piece palette of a mix of shadows and this blush. It just occurred to me that it's very much like Nars Orgasm in a way.

Where to buy it: http://www.Nixiecosmetics.com and use the code "2571" to save 10% off.
This is the exact blush that I have, although I'd have to say it doesn't quite look like it in reality.
The pan blushes are only $12.50! What a steal right!? They are about the same size as MAC blushes too, if not bigger.


This is a pink/coral blush with a silver undertone. It's hard to describe but i want to say chrome looking too! This blush shines the most out of the blushes I swatched. This is a shimmer finish. This is also very very pigmented so one must use a duo fiber skunk brush or else you will have streaks on your face.

3. ELF duo blush and bronzer ($3, I got it for $1.50 when they were having a promo)
I bought this because everyone said it was comparable to Nars Orgasm blush for a much cheaper price. I also wanted to try out the studio line.

Where to buy it: eyeslipsface.com Also, make sure to google up "eyeslipsface coupons" for deals.

This is a pink blush with a slight of gold in it. It has a slight matte finish. This is more on the powdery side and exaggerates my lines on my skin. it looks very drying and powdery after swatched. It's a buildable blush.

4. Jane Blush in Cherub ($3-5?)
Thanks to Tammy for sending me this. I have never tried Jane Cosmetics before and so I was excited when she was giving it away for free!

Where to Buy it: I'm guessing you can purchase this at your local drugstore or ULTA!

this is a pink coral blush with slightly more pink in it. There are specks of shimmer in the blush but when you swatch it onto the skin, there are no sparkles. It's a matte blush and blends very well!






[ftc guidelines] All the products except the Jane blush and Nixie blush was purchased by me. I am a Pro member of Nixie Cosmetics which is very similar as a MAC Pro member of MAC. Otherwise, I am not affiliated with any of the companies and this is my honest review! Obviously!

9 comments:

Khymm said...

thank for posting the blush dupes! i love NARS O.. =)

Uncle Lee said...

Hello Diane, nice blog and interesting post.
There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.
And when a woman ceases to blush, she has lost the most powerful charm of her beauty.

Please allow me to add,....
Diane, if you were to hold a bouquet of a dozen red roses in front of your mirror, you will see 13, *wink*.

Here's wishing you the very best of Seasons greetings, you stay beautiful and keep a song in your heart. Have a Happy New Year, Diane, best regards, Lee.

Alyssamae. said...

happy new years diane! now i need to try some of those dupes even tho i already have nars orgasm! ;) one is never enough when it comes to makeup! ;P

freshelle said...

great post! i really like the orgasm blush but sometimes wish it wasn't that pricey in canada!! i'll definitely check out the dupes!

im a new follower now, looking forward to your future posts!

Pretty Pouts said...

Thanks sweetie, glad you enjoyed the post. I love this comparison, it's so helpful!! :)

Musicalhouses said...

Wow, thanks for the comparisons! They're really helpful :)

Alyssamae. said...

Thanks Diane ;) Hope your new years was great!

shexilicious said...

Hi Diane :D

Yes, treatment is going well. better than expected :) I'll post an update about it soon !


Maria

peppermintcrinkles said...

Hi! nice blog... by the way, i am new to blogging.. would appreciate it if you could follow me too! thnx

peppermintcrinkles.blogspot.com