Followers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

D.I.Y Accessorizing your flats

This is not a tutorial b/c it's rather very simple but I thought I'd show you what I did.

I bought this pair of flats from H&M a while back but the bow-tie you see attached is actually what came apart on my left side so I decided to take off the bow from the right side and cut my bracelet apart to make this! minus the bow from the pic then you have the finished product. I forgot to take a before and after, that's why I placed it on top. How does it look? I had to use a thick needle cause it had to go through this semi thick faux leather material!


8 comments:

Lulu said...

That's so cute and such a clever idea! I can imagine how hard it must be to sew thru the shoe though. Good job!

Eugenia said...

so creative and cute!

Lily said...

cute! i would've never thought to sew them on!

Hana aka acutelife said...

Aw diane,such a clever idea :D it looks very pretty and sweet! It must be quite hard to sew them on +.+

fuzkittie said...

Wow good job!!

Shopn'Chomp said...

Hiya! I just found your blog. :) You are way creative as I would never be able to do this myself...d'oh! Your flats rock.

Jamilla Camel said...

That is such a good idea! I should try this...I can sew and glue--if I only had the time to get cute things to put on the shoes!

Nicki said...

OMG, great idea!! I'll make it a project with my daughter. She has to wear uniforms to school this year so this will be awesome. Thanks girl.