Followers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Update with Pictures

Nyob Zoo (meaning Hello! in Hmong) I have pictures from the Indian/American Wedding of my husband's cousin Sheila and the groom Suraj! It was the first time anyone in our family married an Indian family so it was very exciting to see the Indian ceremony as well as having more families from other ethnicities!

The Hmong wedding took place a month or so before the Indian and American wedding. It wasn't an actual Hmong wedding as one would have if a Hmong person married a Hmong person. Usually, a Hmong wedding includes a lot of drinking and the groom must kneel many many MANY times to the bride's ancestors, brothers, older brothers and wives, and basically her whole side as a sign of respect. This wedding was more relaxed as it was the first time a Hmong and Indian married. Overall, I enjoyed it. They even wore Hmong clothes home.


The day of the wedding, in the AM, was the Indian wedding. Here's me in the weee morning getting dressed at the groom's house. This is NOT my saree since they did not send it in time so my generous aunt let me wear hers since she was busy.


She was pinning the back because it was tailored to her body but since I wore it, she had to trim it down.



Hubby and I with a cousin and his beautiful gf~! I wish I would have had more time to glamour up. It was sooo last minute. I got a call at 6 am in the morning saying they have a saree for me to wear! I was like, WHAT!? So I had to get up and go to the groom's house unprepared!



Taking a few pictures of the bride's side before we left to get ready for the American wedding. The two men on the ends are the bride's father and bride's only brother. How cute huh!!



bride Shiela and groom Suraj at reception
They had one very expensive wedding but OMG, it was the best wedding I have ever attended. It was so emotional and so much LOVE in the air.




bride's mother and father at reception. lovely!

groom's mom and dad! So pretty.leaving the alter to cocktail houe


Just us!



and again. His niece saw this as my screensaver and said,
" aunty guy (meaning aunty skinny in hmong... because he's skinny!), i like this picture. it looks like uncle loves loves you."

such cute things that come from little toddlers


Alrighty, be back soon. sorry and Imissyou all!

8 comments:

SPECiAL x GiRL said...

Aww you look cute! I did a post on the pore peeler if you're still interested.

becky said...

wow this is pretty cool. ive never seen an asian and indian couple. thats pretty cool to see. everyone looked great!

Jamilla Camel said...

My neighbors are Bhuddist (wife is Chinese Malay) and Hindu (husband is Tamil Sri Lankan). Their daughter had a Hindu wedding in Kuala Lumpur with her English husband. The wedding pics were fabulous!!

You look great with your BF!

Hana aka acutelife said...

Hi darl!!so good to read updates from you :) loving the saree! You looked pretty and such a pair with your hub :)
Guess what, my pastor here in the bangkok's church is a hmong too!!lolz he was telling us how big his family is and I laughed because I remember you :D
How's school n everthing?

Nicki said...

OMG, how did I miss this post?? Thanks for sharing! I'm so jealous cause I never went to any "Indian" weddings before

Vanessa M. said...

wow! so pretty!!

Pop Champagne said...

Aww you look so cute in these pics! And I think your hub's niece is right- you two looks so adorable together :)

LadyJane said...

The bride and groom looked so sweet :) And my, you look awfully pretty in your floral dress diane!! :)