Followers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

School +Update + Life

Happy Belated Chinese New Year! I'm late, I know. ^_^

It's only been the second week of the semester and I am overwhelmed by the readings! My normal day starts with waking up at 8 to shower. Before I leave to catch the bus which is right across the street, I munch on a granola bar and sip on some hot green tea. After that, I'm off to classes from 9:30 until 2:15pm of which I just munch on another granola bar. After that, I come home and grub. I watch a few episodes of CSI (NY) and then get started on homework! I will admit, I've never worked this much in my entire school career so let's hope this will pay off! It's a little past midnight and I still have a little of reading to finish!

The switch from Pre-Nursing to Social Welfare/Social Work was pretty easy. If I am aiming for the Social Welfare degree then I can graduate on time but I refuse to since I would rather prefer the Social Work degree! I'll have to apply into it so fingers crossed that I do well with the pre reqs. The good thing about it is that, after completing the program and graduating with the Social Work degree, I will only need one more year to get a Masters degree. So, in estimating my time left, I have about 3 years. It was a pretty late time to switch majors but learning is everlasting and never ending. I'm cherishing my time learning.

I've never had a spa treatment before. With all this school stress, I need to relax!

8 comments:

LadyJane said...

Good luck with your school Diane! Try to get as much sleep as you can cause that really helps with stress. Enjoy your spa! Bubble baths help too :)

fuzkittie said...

Good luck girl~ All your hard work will pay off! :] Happy new year!

angie519 said...

Happy New Years!!

Awwwww I totally relate to that lifestyle! I kind of miss it now that I'm all done =(. Hahah, I use to watch a TV show or two and then start homework haha.

Oooh awesome! 1 extra year after bachelors to get your masters?! That's great!!! GJ!

MiuMiu said...

school passes by so quickly...esp uni/college, in no time, you're done XD hang in there!

acutelife said...

hi girl *hugz* how are you doin?I havent been updating lately too lolz...btw, true that learning is everlasting and never ending! Im sure your hardwork will pay off in the due time :) and ah spa treatment, wait for my goodies for some DIY spa at home ;) lolz *spoiler*

Wind said...

Good luck with the switch!
Don't feel too bad about it. I switched late too =)

kkkkatie said...

Hang in there! Education is really the best investment one can make =) You can do it!!

Yumeko/Bittenbefore said...

knowledge is a great thing to have...sorry to hear its a bit hectic at the moment but it will be worth in

hang in there girl!